Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Checking in

Finally!  The scale moved in the right direction!!! 2 lbs down.  So the official weigh in was 142.  Thank goodness.  My measurements were good also.
-1/2" upper chest
-1" midriff
-1/4" waist
-1/2"upper hips
-1/2"lower hips
So that's the good news!  Very satisfied with that this week.  I hope the scale will go down again next Monday.  I've been really watching my portions and the fat in take.  Trying to cut some calories although that's not as important when doing low-carb.

Very excited to share that I tried some new things.  First I don't think I've shared about trying spin class.  It was awesome!  What a great workout with lots of sweat!  I've done it twice now.  I know I will continue to throw it in once or twice a week.  The other thing I tried was goat cheese.  I made these really yummy quesadillas I found on Pinterest.  Here's the the link http://sugarcooking.blogspot.com/2010/02/chicken-spinach-goat-cheese-quesadillas.html


I think mine look really yummy!  I could go for one right now!
Omgoodness!!!! This was one really yummy quesadilla!  The tip about toasting the inside first was a real winner!  I will remember that for the future.  I also made a couple of changes.  To stay with low-carb I used low-carb tortillas and instead of avocados I used fresh guacamole.  I will be eating this again.
  Bad news is this, my darling hubby has been really interested in homesteading or backyard farming for awhile now.  He really thought having a goat for cheese would be essential.  Guess what?  He doesn't like goat cheese! Hahaha! So my experiment went really well for my diet options but not so well for my hubby's hopes and dreams.  Oh well.  If you have any suggestions on goat cheese I would love to hear them.  He said the kind I got, crumbles, is a fresher cheese and maybe a harder cheese might be better for him?  I don't know about this.  I just bought the only goat cheese I saw at the store. What other kinds are there?

Let me know if you try this and if you have any changes you really like.  I love quesadillas so variations are always encouraged.

Enjoy
Deanna

2 comments:

  1. Great Job! And I agree they do look delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, this looks amazing, I must try this!

    On an unrelated note, I find it hilarious that two people with the same name posted comments after each other. And it's not a common spelling!

    Good luck with your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete