Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's the beginning

So today is Jan. 1st, 2012 and it's the beginning of my blogging adventure and a new year.  This year I will be turning 40 and with all new things change is always around to try and break you or make you stronger.  I say this because I feel like my life is changing.  My first child graduated last year and I felt the winds of change in my 40th year.  I am looking forwards to it coming to completion or at least a little bit settled.  I made some personal changes in how I look at others and what I really want from them.  I'm starting to take seriously my own needs and stop wanting to please others so much.  Although I'm a long way off. I struggled learning to take responsibility of my health.  Losing the weight 2years ago was much easier than trying to keep it off last year.  With that being said getting to the point of being able to lose the weight was a very hard road and I'm glad I don't have to go through that again if I don't want to.
  I'm not really sure what all I will be blogging about but I know that I've experienced remodeling a home on a budget and we aren't done, parenting 4 kids in a blended mine, his and ours family (but really they are all ours), weight loss, crafting/scrapbooking, and learning new domestic skills.  I hope that I will get better with time at this and I hope to meet new people with similar interests along the way. And as far as a new years resolution I plan on sharing my adventures on being frugal.  Something I need to learn to be more of.  I started today by making my own laundry detergent.  I will share tomorrow what happened.

 So as the saying goes Yesterday is History
                        Tomorrow is a Mystery
                        Today is a Gift
                         That's why it's called
                                  The Present.
Enjoy today for it's the beginning of the rest of your life.
Happy New Year 2012
Hugs, Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment