Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SCORE!!!!!!!

Yes I'm dancing the happy dance because not only did I go to the gym and do a new workout that was fabulous, I also made a menu for the rest of the week, and made a dinner my amazing, sweeter than candy hubby said was the best dinner I have ever made!
   SSSCCCOOORRRRRRRRRRRE! 
It's about time after 10years!
 Hahahaha! Whoohoo!!!Yeah Me!!! I did use recipes (all low-carb) But I also put love in and it was really good!  Sorry I didn't take pictures accept of the dirty pans.
 So what was this dinner you ask.  Well it was a marinated fillet of mignon(that was in the freezer). Here's the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-steak-marinade
I pan seared it on high heat.  Then moved the steaks to the oven to cook at 400 degrees for 30-45min.  I then put the marinade in the pan and deglazed it and cooked it down. Served the meat with sauce on it.
The next thing was the side and we were going to have broccoli and I needed it to be WOW! Cause we've eaten more broccoli then we care to think about.  I came across this recipe on one of my favorite low-carb sites Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mushroom_sauce.html
She had suggested serving this over the broccoli.  It sounded perfect minus the mushrooms (hubby calls them slugs).  It was soooo yummy!  He loved the sauce and couldn't guess what all was in it!  I was so excited!
  So all in all it was a great day!!! I even found a simple bag I think I will try my hand at sewing with.  I will post about that when I get to it.
One more thing.  I mentioned I haven't been on the scale(it's evil).  I think I will on Monday.  That gives me this week to try and cut some water weight and see what the reality is.  I really hope that it's within the 2-3lbs instead of 7-10. And then I will post my weight and the goal I will set for my birthday.  I've been maintaining my weight in my middle range but feel heavy after the holidays.  We will see.
Good night and Hugs
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment